Saturday, May 5, 10:00am-12:00pm | Instructed by Geoff Edwards | at Walnut Way, 2240 N. 17th St.
Spring is almost here! Nature is waking up and plants are sprouting, many with endless health promoting benefits. Come learn about urban pharmacy growing right outside your front door. Do you or your loved ones suffer from chronic pain or illness? Locally grown plants may be just what you need to take your health and wellness to the next level.
In this two hour, hands on workshop you will learn:
- What herbs can be grown to manage chronic pain and illnesses.
- What foraging is and how is it beneficial to your health.
- How to identify and harvest common local weeds and wild plants.
- How to prepare and use herbal medicines in your daily health regimen.
Participants will receive the tools that will help them to start harvesting and growing medicinal herbs:
- Nu Healing Arts Urban-Wild Workbook
- Herb Garden Kit
You will leave this workshop with a stronger connection to the landscape and empowered to address the health needs of yourself and family.
*Refreshments will be served.