Your #GivingTuesdayNow donations will support wellness activities for neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic. #GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving and unity that takes place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the overwhelming need caused by COVID-19. Your Gift will support Walnut Way’s COVID-19 Wellness Response in three direct ways.
1. WELLNESS KITS
Thanks to wellness bag donations from Anthem, we are compiling wellness kits for neighbors that will include items from the Walnut Way gardens and more:
- Masks (anonymous donor)
- Sanitary supplies such as toothpaste, hand-sanitizer, and more (donated by Anthem)
- Jump ropes and stress balls (donated by Anthem)
- Relaxing cedar bundles made by Walnut Way Urban Agriculture Coordinator, Angela Kingsawan
- Coloring books and crayons (donated by Anthem)
- Fruit (donated by Pete’s Market)
- List of resources and coloring sheet (created by Walnut Way)
Your support will ensure that we have enough ground support to make these deliveries and cover additional supplies.
2. WELLNESS CHECK-INS
With your gift, we can ensure that we have enough support to make wellness check-ins with residents including phone calls, door-to-door outreach, and follow-up responses to neighbors’ needs.
3. OUTDOOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR NEIGHBORS
With your support we will organize socially distant volunteer opportunities for neighbors to visit Walnut Way and volunteer in the gardens.
We know that getting moving, breathing fresh air, and getting sunshine, can help reduce stress. With your support, we will provide small group volunteer opportunities for neighbors with gloves and masks to ensure safety during this time.
Thank you for considering making a gift today to support our Wellness COVID-19 response.