On Friday, June 12th, we welcomed Lindsay Heights residents to our Open Gardens Event where residents were able to tour the gardens and have an opportunity to get outdoors and safely socialize after quarantine.
- TOUR Residents were able to take a self-guided tour with their families throughout the gardens.
- WELLNESS KITS The first 40 people received a Wellness Kit Bag with relaxation, health, and sanitary items like handmade smudge sticks, masks, coloring sheets, hand sanitizer, and jumpropes.
- FRUIT GIVEAWAY Thanks to Pete’s Fruit Market, we gave out an abundant supply of fresh fruit to residents.
- PLANT GIVEAWAY Thanks to a donation from Voss Organics, we were able to give away tomato plants and herbs to residents.
- FREE GARDEN SPACES Community members signed up for their own garden spaces.
- VOLUNTEER & EVENT SIGN UP Residents signed up to volunteer in the gardens and learn about gardening at future events.
On the self-guided tour, residents were able to view the newly planted corn maze which will grow to over 8ft tall and the pumpkin patch which will be ready to harvest in the fall; two new honeybee hives; and peach tree, pear, cherry and apple orchards.
Thank you to donations from Anthem, Pete’s Market, and Voss Organics for helping to supply giveaway items for the community. Thank you to the residents and volunteers who made this event possible.